South Florida children’s author Sofi Benitez, a writer in the collaborative “Honey Moon” series, discusses and signs her books at 11 a.m. Saturday at the Barnes & Noble St. Johns Town Center and at 2 p.m. at the Barnes & Noble San Jose, 11112 San Jose Blvd.
• Eileen Erikson, “Connor’s First Safari,” “Kamille’s Birthday Circus,” “Up in Nathanael’s Room” and “When Collin Says ‘Go,’” 1-3 p.m. Sunday, The BookLoft, 214 Centre St., Fernandina Beach.
• E.T. Malone, Jr., “Dromgoole, Twice-Murdered,” 1-3 p.m. Saturday, The BookLoft, 214 Centre St., Fernandina Beach.
“Chasing the Wind: Memoirs of a Pioneer TV Meteorologist” by long-time local weather forecaster George Winterling.
• “The Curious Garden,” 11 a.m. Tuesday, Barnes & Noble St. Johns Town Center.
• 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Barnes & Noble San Jose, 11112 San Jose Blvd.
• 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Story & Song Bookstore, 1430 Park Ave, Amelia Island.
• “Here We Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth,” 11 a.m. Saturday, Barnes & Noble St. Johns Town Center, Barnes & Noble San Jose, 11112 San Jose Blvd., Barnes & Noble St. Augustine, 1930 U.S. 1 South.
The Florida Authors and Publishers Association is accepting submissions in 45 categories for the 2018 FAPA President's Book Awards. Go to www.myFAPA.org for details.
Send Bookmarks information to email@example.com (don’t forget the 1). Announcements must arrive seven days before the Sunday of publication. Events open to all unless stated and always subject to change.