A judge ruled Thursday that Devonte Dixon, 17, and his 15-year-old brother, suspected of firing shots at an unmarked police car on Wednesday, will remain in juvenile detention. Their two older brothers were charged with principal to aggravated battery and have been released from jail.

OCALA — The younger two of four brothers arrested Wednesday in connection to shots fired at a vehicle occupied by an Ocala Police Department lieutenant faced a judge early Thursday.

Devonte Dixon, 17, and his 15-year-old brother made their first appearance in juvenile court. Dressed in yellow jumpsuits, the teens stood one at a time beside their parents at a podium as Judge Sue Robbins read their charges, which are aggravated assault with a firearm, discharging a firearm in public and possession of a firearm by a juvenile.

The teens are suspected of firing shots on Wednesday at the unmarked patrol car occupied by OPD watch commander Lt. Sandra Duryea. Police believe they mistook Duryea's vehicle for the one used by a drive-by shooter who fired upon their home earlier in the day.

The judge told each teen that she found probable cause for their arrest and ordered them detained in the juvenile facility at the Marion County Jail until their next court hearings, which are scheduled for later this month. The brothers cannot have any contact with each other while they are incarcerated, Robbins added.

Outside the courtroom, a frustrated Teddy Williams Sr., the father of the boys, said this was the second time within months that the home, in the 1900 block of Northwest Seventh Street, has been fired on, with no arrest being made.

He said he believes the Ocala Police Department is not doing anything to solve the cases and said it seems that it will take someone dying before they will do something.

Williams said the first time shots were fired at the home, a woman was injured when a bullet grazed her. He said the same spot where the woman was when the shots were fired the first time is the same spot into which shots were fired the second time.

After he left the courtroom, Williams met with police officials at their headquarters.

After that meeting, police officials said they are working with the family to solve the two cases.

The second shooting was shortly after 4 a.m. Wednesday. Afterward, the young teens, along with their brothers DeAngelo Williams, 21, and Teddy Williams, 19, began to drive around looking for the vehicle and person or persons who shot at their home.

Duryea was doing a security check in an unmarked vehicle at the Parkside Gardens Apartments complex at 621 NW Second St. when she saw what she considered a suspicious vehicle driving in the area. As she was watching the vehicle, two males got out and fired several shots at her car.

Duryea, who did not return fire, backed out. She later returned to the area. She found guns inside the vehicle she had been watching, which had been abandoned.

As she was there, DeAngelo Williams approached and said it was his car but he did not have anything to do with the shooting. He was detained.

Officers later determined that all four brothers had been in the car, and that they lived at the residence that was shot up. All four were arrested.

DeAngelo Williams and Teddy Williams each face a charge of principal to aggravated battery. They have both been released from the jail in lieu of $2,000 bail each.

Contact Austin L. Miller at 867-4118, austin.miller@starbanner.com or @almillerosb.