• Vietnam Veterans of America Post 814: 7 p.m., USMC League, 2529 N. Magnolia Ave., Ocala.
• Marion County Veterans’ Council: 10:30 a.m., Marion County Public Library, 2720 E. Silver Springs Blvd., Ocala. Call 671-8422.
• Veterans of the Battle of the Bulge Chapter 48: 11 a.m., VFW Post 8087, 4065 N. County Road 19A, Mount Dora. Call 873-8380.
• Angela S. Santos VFW Post 4781 Auxiliary: 6 p.m., 9401 SW 110th St., Ocala. Call 873-4781.
• VFW Post 4493 Men’s Auxiliary: 6:30 p.m., Post 4493, 11100 Maricamp Road, Candler. Call 687-4493.
• Red Tail Memorial Chapter 136 Air Force Association: 7 p.m., Ocala Airport Administration Building, 750 SW 60th Ave., Ocala. Call 861-0886 or 527-2729 or email BenALanger@aol.com.
• VFW Post 10733: Ladies Auxiliary at 7:30 p.m., veterans 7 p.m., 19241 N. US 441, Orange Lake. Call 591-4359.
• US Submarine Veterans Nautilus Base: 11 a.m., Veterans Resource Center, 2730 E. Silver Springs Blvd., Suite 100, Ocala. Call 854-6598 or visit nautilusbase.us.
• American Legion Post 230: Noon, 208 Ashley St., Hawthorne. Call 481-3266.
• Ralph J. Green American Legion Post 354: 1 p.m., Sheriff’s Brian Litz Building, 9408 SW State Road 200, Ocala. Call 305-342-7020. Refreshments provided.
• Women’s Army Corps Veteran Association Post 71: 1 p.m., 543 NE Sanchez Ave., Ocala.
• Angela S. Santos VFW Post 4781: 6:30 p.m., 9401 SW 110th St., Ocala. Call 873-4781.
The Phoenix Rising YouthBuild will hold a wall raising for its seventh home in Marion County at 9 a.m. Friday at 8075 Juniper Road, Silver Springs. Call 291-9550 ext. 2293.
Honky Tonkin Opry
The Church at Triple Cross Ranch will host the Honky Tonkin Opry at 7 p.m. Friday at 20736 NW 100th Ave. Road, Shiloh, in northwest Marion County. The event, hosted by Norm Edwards and the Jayc Harold Band, will include the Trinity River Band and Charee White-Salvucci. An array of local talent also will perform. $10; concessions will be available. Call 615-491-8253.
The Florida Center for the Blind, Inc., based in Ocala, provides vision rehabilitation services free of charge to clients in eight counties. The center is now offering a Blind and Visually Impaired Babies program for newborns to age 5. Families are paired with specialists to provide hands-on, individualized training. Children are provided supplementary sensory learning materials and adaptive aids, tactile and audible experiences, communication skills (braille), mobility cane and assistive technology. There is not cost for the services. Call 873-4700.