A little more than a week after receiving word that Gov. Rick Scott said there may be a fix for a problem with the state budget that cut off an important supply of funding to homeless service providers throughout the state, officials here are still waiting to find out how much they stand to receive.

“We don’t know what it is going to look like at this point,” said Sarah LeGrand, manager of community health improvement at Flagler Hospital. “And we are not sure when it is going to happen.”

Flagler Hospital is the lead agency of the St. Johns County Continuum of Care, a sort of umbrella organization that coordinates the efforts of homeless service providers throughout the county. Part of LeGrand’s responsibilities in that role is the administration of grant funding to those service providers.

She said Tuesday that the county lost $118,000 when lawmakers, earlier this year, neglected to include language in the budget that allowed the state to actually spend $4.1 million in grant funding set aside for homeless services.

As a result, 27 homeless agencies from the Keys to the Panhandle were poised to lose cash — some as much as $350,000 — a large portion of what advocates say is already a small amount spent in the state budget to help struggling Floridians.

Last week, just after the new budget took effect on July 1, Gov. Rick Scott said that the state’s Department of Children & Families — the agency that administers what are often referred to as “challenge grants” — identified $3.1 million it could steer toward the homeless program.

“While it’s concerning that this funding was not provided in this year’s budget, I am proud that DCF will be able to redirect money to combat homelessness,” Scott said. “I encourage the Legislature to quickly approve this budget amendment that will fund programs that served nearly 13,000 Floridians last year.”

To the south of St. Johns County, Jeff White, executive director of the Volusia/Flagler Coalition for the Homeless, which expected to see the $205,500 it drew from the program disappear, said he was glad at least some of the money was coming back.

“It’s not going to get us to the total amount, but I’ll take it,” he said.

Here, Debi Redding, executive director at the Homeless Coalition of St. Johns County told The Record for a previous story that she expected to lose close to $14,000 in funding. Judy Dembowski, at the St. Francis House, said they were going to lose about $12,000.

LeGrand said Tuesday that other providers who originally lost out included the Betty Griffin Center, Alpha-Omega Miracle Home, Catholic Charities, St. Johns County Health & Human Services and Flagler Hospital.

The hospital’s losses — about $21,000 — helped cover administration costs of the Homeless Management Information System, or HMIS, which maintains information for those receiving services throughout the county, she said.

While it remains unclear just how much of that $118,000 that was originally lost will be coming back to the county, LeGrand said she and others remain “cautiously optimistic.”

“We are happy,” she said. “Hopefully it will mean we will get some of our funding back.”

This story contains reporting from John Kennedy with GateHouse Florida.