• Experience HU - Sound of Soul. Sept. 14, 11 a.m. Eckankar, in Room B2 of Woodmere Park, 3951 Woodmere Park Blvd., Venice. There will be 15-20 minutes of chanting followed by 2-5 minutes quiet contemplation, and then discussion and light refreshments. 941-358-0325 and eckankarblog.org/sound-of-soul.
• Singers welcome. Sept. 12, 7-9 p.m. The Sarasota Jewish Chorale welcomes singers to its rehearsals. We are an enthusiastic group gathering for spirited singing and camaraderie from September to March. Adults of all faiths and voice parts are invited to attend and sample us. Email Sharon Greene our Artistic Director at: email@example.com for more information.
• IMPACT Men's Conference. Sept. 11-13. 6:30-9:30 p.m. The Source Church, 5412 E. S.R. 64, Bradenton. Cost: $25-$35. Three speakers Darryl Strawberry, Jim Bradford, Ralph Hoehne. A life-changing 3-day experience that hundreds of women have experienced, of being fully Saved, Healed and Empowered, but with powerful and unique messages just for men. Registration information: bit.ly/impact2019fl.
• Divorce Care. Tuesdays, through Sept. 10, at 6 p.m. Englewood United Methodist Church, 700 E. Dearborn St., Englewood. A biblically grounded 13-week support group/class for those hurting due to separation or divorce. Room 103 of the Lampp (office) building. Workbook is $15, scholarships are available. All are welcome at any time during the 13 weeks. 941-474-5588 or englewoodumc.net.
• GriefShare Program. The Congregational Church, 630 E. Laurel Road, Nokomis. Every Monday, 6:30 p.m. A non-denominational program featuring teaching that focuses on grief topics and support associated with the death of a loved one. The DVD seminar features nationally respected grief experts followed by a small group discussion. 941-809-9238.
• The Reformed Community Church, 1600 Banyan St., Venice, holds Bible Study Wednesdays at 2:30 p.m. in the church hall.
• Crafty Ladies. The Crafty Ladies of Gulf Cove United Methodist Church, 1100 McCall Road in Port Charlotte, just ¾ mile south of Myakka River on SR 776, would like everyone to know their crafts are available year-round. Every Thursday morning (except holidays) from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Oak’s Cove, the small building behind the church. For information contact Helen at 941-697-5533, or email the church at GulfCoveUMC@gmail.com.
• Free lunches and dinners. Emmanuel Lutheran Church, 800 S Tamiami Trail, Venice. Lunches are provided the second and fourth Wednesday of the month from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Dinners are provided the fourth Sunday of the month from 4:30-6 p.m. All meals are served in Fellowship Hall. We provide good healthy food and fellowship for anyone who may be hungry. For more information call 941-488-4942.
• Veterans Support Group. First Tuesday of month, 6 p.m. at the American Legion Post 113, 3436 Indiana Road, Rotonda West. Sponsored by Gulf Cove United Methodist Church, 1100 McCall Road, Port Charlotte. Contact Phil at 941-249-5513 or Gulf Cove UMC at 941-697-1747.
• Men’s Fellowship. First Tuesdays of month, 8 a.m., at Perkins, 6001 S. Salford, North Port. Sponsored by Gulf Cove United Methodist, 1100 McCall Road in Port Charlotte. For breakfast and discussion. 941-697-1747.
• Closet of Hope Free Clothing. 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month, 9:30 a.m.-noon. Gulf Cove United Methodist Church, 1100 McCall Road, Port Charlotte, ¾ mile south of the Myakka River on SR 776. Free clothing for all ages. To be eligible, individuals must present a photo ID which reflects a residence in Charlotte County or in Englewood, North Port or Venice in Sarasota County. Donations in good condition are also accepted, especially children’s clothing. 941-697-1747 or GulfCoveUMC@gmail.com.
• Gulf Cove United Methodist Church, 1100 McCall Road, Port Charlotte, hosts Food for the Soul on Wednesdays. Bible study from 4:30-5:30 p.m., followed by dinner ($4 for adults, $2.50 age 10 and under, $12 family maximum). Various activities for children and adults at 6 p.m. 941-697-1747, GulfCoveChurch.com.
• Friend to Friend. Every Tuesday, from 1-3p.m. Gulf Cove United Methodist Church, 1100 McCall Road, Port Charlotte, just ¾ mile south of the Myakka River on State Route 776. This social gathering provides a place where adults of all ages can meet for fellowship and develop new friendships. Bring a non-alcoholic beverage for yourself. 941-697-1747 or GulfCoveUMC@gmail.com.
• Courage Over Cancer. Gulf Cove United Methodist Church, 1100 McCall Road, Port Charlotte. Cancer care program offers support and ministry to those who are affected by cancer as a patient, caregiver or loved one. If you or someone you know could benefit from a friend to support them, contact the church at 941-697-1747 or GulfCoveUMC@gmail.com.
• St. David's Episcopal Church, 401 S. Broadway, Englewood, is offering Neuro Challenge, a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of people with Parkinson’s and their caregivers. Monthly support groups, educational programs, and individualized care. St. David's Parish Hall every the third Friday of every month at 10 a.m. Neuro Challenge serves Manatee, Sarasota and Charlotte counties. 941-474-3140.
• North Port Community United Church of Christ, 3450 S. Biscayne Drive. Each Tuesday, at 11 a.m.-noon, an interactive Bible Study is held guided by Pastor Attila Szemesi. On Wednesdays from 7-9 a.m. the Sanctuary is open for personal reflection time. And from 8-9 a.m., on Wednesdays, Pastor Attila can be reached at 941-426-5580 for private phone line prayer. Call 941-426-5580 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
• Christ United Methodist Church, 1475 Center Road, Venice offers Support and Addiction Family Education Mondays from 6-7:30 p.m. Free. 941-493-7504; christvenice.com; cumc.info/SAFE.
• Bay Point Church, 208 Palm Ave., Nokomis. Services: Saturdays, 6 p.m., Sunset Worship Service, North Jetty; Sundays, 9 a.m. contemporary service in Family Life Center; Sundays, 10: 30 a.m. traditional worship in Sanctuary. 941-488-4137.
• Burnt Store Presbyterian Church, 11330 Burnt Store Road, Punta Gorda: Sunday services at 8:15 a.m. and 11 a.m. traditional, and 9:40 a.m. contemporary.
• Christian Science Society of Venice, 152 Nokomis Ave. N., Venice: Sunday service at 10:30 a.m.
• Christ Lutheran, 701 N. Indiana Ave., Englewood: traditional worship with communion on Sundays at 9:30 a.m. 941-474-1989.
• The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 3000 E. Venice Ave., Venice: Sunday Sacrament meeting at 10 a.m. and Sunday School at 11:10 a.m. 941-882-2921.
• Emmanuel Lutheran Church, 800 S Tamiami Trail, Venice. Liturgical worship on Saturdays at 5 p.m. and Sundays at 8:30 a.m.; Abridged worship Sundays at 10 a.m. All services include Holy Communion.All are welcome. www.emmanuel-ecla.org or call 941-488-4942.
• Englewood United Methodist Church, 700 E. Dearborn St., Englewood. Sunday Services: 7:45 and 11 a.m. traditional and 9:15 a.m. contemporary. Nursery & Sunday School for all ages at 9:15 and 11 a.m. Thursdays Celebrate Recovery Service 6 p.m dinner in Fellowship Hall, Worship 6:30 p.m. in Sanctuary, 7:30 p.m. small groups. 941-474-5588.
• Evangelical Covenant Church, corner of Vincent East and Bay Indies Boulevard, Venice. Sunday Service 10:25 a.m. All denominations welcome. 941-484-1150.
• Faith Lutheran Church, 551 Rotonda Blvd. W., Rotonda West. traditional service with communion Sunday at 9:30 a.m. 941-697-6228
• Fellowship Church, 140 Rotonda Blvd. W., Rotonda: Sunday services at 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. Nursery available. Hospitality Cafe at 9:30 a.m. 941-475-7447.
• First Christian Church, 1100 Center Road, Venice: Sunday services at 8:30 and 10 a.m. Celebrate Recovery is at 6 p.m. 941-408-8088, churchthatcares.com.
• First Church of Christ, Scientist, 35 S. Oxford Drive, Englewood: Sunday worship at 10:30 a.m. Sunday school and nursery are available. Wednesday testimony meeting at 7:30 p.m. 941-474-8444.
• First Presbyterian, ECO, 25250 Airport Road, Punta Gorda: Sunday worship at 9 a.m. (praise service) and 10:30 a.m. (traditional service with choir). 941-639-1959, fpcpunta.org.
• Good Shepherd Episcopal Church, 1115 Center Road, Venice. Sunday Holy Eucharist 9 a.m. 1st and 3rd Saturday, 5 p.m., informal Eucharist with prayer and praise. 2nd and 4th Wednesday, 9:15 a.m., Holy Eucharist with Healing Prayer. 941-497-7286.
• Grace Church Sarasota Campus, 8521 Vamo Road, Sarasota. Sundays, 9:41 a.m.
• Lakeside Lutheran Church, 2401 S. Tamiami Trail, Venice. 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. services; 9:30 a.m. Bible study. 941-493-5102.
• North Port Community United Church of Christ, 3450 S. Biscayne Drive: Sunday service at 10 a.m. Child care is provided. Adult Sunday School at 8:30 a.m. in Decker Hall. 941-426-5580; email@example.com.
• Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, 1301 Center Road, Venice: Mass on Saturdays at 8 a.m., 3 and 5 p.m., and on Sundays at 8, 10 a.m. and noon. 941-544-8752.
• Osprey Church of Christ, 409 Pennsylvania Ave., Osprey: Sunday services at 10 a.m. Bible studies are Sunday at 9 a.m. and Wednesday at 7 p.m. 205-492-9354.
• Rising Tide International, 5102 Swift Road, Sarasota: Sundays, 10:30 a.m. Multi-faith service celebrating the unity in diversity.
• St. Margaret of Scotland Episcopal Church, 8700 State Rd. 72/ Clark Rd., Sarasota. Contemplative worship at 8 a.m. and music and celebration at 9:30 a.m. Holy Eucharist at both services. 941-925-2525.
• St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 508 Riviera St., Venice. Wednesday Holy Communion & Healing Prayer at 9:30 a.m. and Evening Prayer at 5 p.m. Saturday service 5 p.m. Sundays 8, 9:30 and 11:15 a.m. 941-488-7714; stmarksvenice.org.
• St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Church, 5394 Midnight Pass Road, Siesta Key: Saturday Vigils Masses at 4, 6 p.m.; Sunday Masses at 8, 10 a.m., noon. Confession on Saturdays 8:30-9 a.m. and 3-3:30 p.m.
• St. Thomas More Catholic Church, 2506 Gulf Gate Drive, Sarasota: Saturday at 4 p.m.; Sunday at 8, 9:45 and 11:30 a.m. 941-923-1691.
• The Salvation Army of South Sarasota County, 1051 Albee Farm Road, Venice: family worship on Sundays at 11 a.m.
• Sarasota Center of Light, 852 S. Tuttle Ave., Sarasota. Sunday Celebration Service, 11 a.m., with Vibrational Healing available 10:30 – 11 a.m. Sunday evening Celebration Service, 7 p.m. Wednesday Candlelight Healing Service, 7 p.m. Developing Consciousness with Rev. Jim Toole, Fridays, 6 p.m. 941-330-5031, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.sarasotacenteroflight.com.
• South Venice Baptist Church, 3167 Englewood Road, Venice, has Sunday Bible Study/Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. Worship service is at 10:45 a.m. 941-493-0022.
• SunCoast Cathedral Metropolitan Community Church, 3276 E. Venice Ave., Venice: Open/affirming communion each Sunday at 10 a.m. 941-484-7068.
• Temple Sinai, 4631 South Lockwood Ridge Road welcomes you to Shabbat Worship Service and Torah Discussion with Rabbi Michael Churgel and Chazzan Cliff Abramson at 10:00 a.m. on Saturdays. Call 941-924-1802 for more details.
• Trinity Presbyterian Church, 4365 S.R. 776, Venice: contemporary worship Sunday at 9 a.m. and traditional worship at 10:30 a.m. 941-493-0018.
• Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Venice, 1971 Pinebrook Road, Venice: Sunday services at 10 a.m. 941-485-2105.
• United Methodist Church, 700 East Dearborn St., Englewood: Sunday services at 7:45 (traditional), 9:15 (contemporary) and 11 a.m. (traditional). Wednesday Bible study 6:30 p.m. englewoodumc.net; 941-474-5588.
• Unity of Venice, 125 N. Jackson Road, Venice. Sunday Service 10:30-11:30 a.m. with potluck to follow on the second Sunday of each month. www.veniceunity.org. 941-484-5342.
• Venice Community Church, 1600 Banyan St., Venice. Worship services 10 a.m. Bible study Wednesday at 2:30 p.m. in church hall. 941-493-3075.
• Venice Holistic Community Center, 714 Shamrock Blvd., Venice: Buddhist Wisdom for Everyday Life on Sundays, 4 to 5:30 p.m. Drop-ins welcome.
Adding your item
To submit your news or worship time, go to heraldtribune.com/submit and click on Submit Community News. All items must include the street address and telephone number; the deadline is 5 p.m. Tuesdays for publication on Saturday.