AAUW to meet
The New Smyrna Beach AAUW will meet from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, March 14, at Sugar Mill Country Club, 100 Club House Circle, New Smyrna Beach. Beacon Center CEO Angie Pie and Program Director Jessica Moore will speak about domestic abuse and battered women. The cost is $20 and includes chef’s choice luncheon. RSVP by March 10 to 386-423-5278.
Oak Hill Library celebrates 25 years
The public is invited to Oak Hill Public Library’s 25th anniversary from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, March 14, in the main room of the library, 125 E. Halifax Ave. Light refreshments will be served and there will be a drawing at noon for a flamingo quilt/wall hanging. The Friends of the Oak Hill Public Library is sponsoring the event. For information, call the library at 386-345-5510
Libraries offer assistance with census forms
The U.S. Census Bureau will mail invitations to every household in mid-March. This year, residents can complete questionnaire online or by phone. Residents who don’t have access to a computer can stop by any of the 14 branches of the Volusia County Public Library system and use one of the public access computers.
Additional assistance is available in the e-labs at these locations:
• Daytona Beach Regional Library, 105 E. Magnolia Ave.: 9 to 11 a.m. Mondays, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays, 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays, and 3 to 5 p.m. Thursdays.
• DeBary Public Library, 200 N. Charles R. Beall Blvd.: 10 to 11 a.m. Mondays. Appointments are available Tuesday through Friday by calling 386-668-3835.
• DeLand Public Library, 130 E. Howry Ave.: 1 to 3 p.m. Mondays and 9 to 11 a.m. Thursdays.
• Deltona Regional Library, 2150 Eustace Ave.: 9 to 11 a.m. Tuesdays, 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays, and 9 to 11 a.m. Thursdays. Thursday’s sessions are bilingual.
• Edgewater Public Library, 103 W. Indian River Blvd.: 1 to 3 p.m. Thursdays.
• New Smyrna Beach Regional Library, 1001 S. Dixie Freeway: 1 to 3 p.m. Tuesdays through Thursdays.
• Ormond Beach Regional Library, 30 S. Beach St.: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays and 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Port Orange Regional Library, 1005 City Center Circle: Noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, 2 to 3:30 p.m. Wednesdays, and 11 a.m. to noon Fridays.
Bring your census postcard, which includes a unique code you will need to complete your questionnaire online.
For information about Volusia County’s census awareness campaign, visit www.volusia.org/census.
MOAS Guild looks to the stars
The Guild of the Museum of Arts & Sciences will meet from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 10, at the museum, 352 S. Nova Road, Daytona Beach. Seth Mayo, curator of astronomy at the Lowell and Nancy Lohman Family Planetarium at the Museum of Arts & Sciences, will present an exclusively-designed planetarium show for the guild at its upcoming meeting. A Q&A will follow. The meeting is free to those interested in joining the guild. For information, contact Sherry Erbe, membership chair, at 386-679-8534.
EDITOR'S NOTE: Submit your event at least two weeks in advance by visiting news-journalonline. com/njscoop/ community. Releases will run in the order received and will depend on space. Email post-event pictures as jpg files to mycommunitynews.com.