ORMOND BEACH — Seabreeze is headed back to the Final Four. And it may be a swan song for its head coach.

After the Sandcrabs took care of Sunlake 3-0 in the Region 2-3A final at the Ormond Beach Sports Complex on Wednesday night, head coach Nathan Murphy said he intends to move westward.

“It will more than likely be my last year here,” said Murphy. “I’m moving to Tampa. So I’m just trying to get these boys what they deserve (another championship). The championship doesn’t matter to me. It matters more to these guys. These seniors have put a lot of work in. Even the freshmen are challenging the starters we have for their positions. It’s a very dynamic team. It would be great for them.”

To get to the Final Four, the Sandcrabs (16-2-4) had to beat the same team that stood in their way a year ago, the Sunlake Seahawks (24-4-2). For the first 29 minutes, they were locked in a scoreless tie with the visitors from Land O’Lakes.

Then on a cold, misty field, Jaden Collins broke the ice. He steadied the ball in the box and kicked it just over the goalie for a 1-0 advantage with 10:39 left in the first half.

“Excellent placement,” said Murphy of the goal. “He surprised me with it. He’s one of those players who come through when you need him. He’s a reliable guy.”

Nate Thompson, dubbed the Jamaican Sensation by the home announcer, almost scored on a corner kick just seven minutes into the game. His shot hit the post and bounced away harmlessly. But he wasn’t to be denied on his second opportunity. Even if it looked like he had messed it up.

“I was about to yell at him,” said Murphy of Thompson’s goal with 6:15 remaining in the half. “He lost the ball to begin with. Then he actually stole it back from the guy and took a shot. As I was ready to yell at him, it suddenly went in.”

Thompson could only smile when asked about the goal.

“I don’t know how it went in right there,” he said. “It’s amazing.”

The Sandcrabs protected the 2-0 lead into halftime, and played a more defensive game in the second half. Cameron Bowling made a huge save seven minutes into the second 40 and the visitors got more and more frustrated as the half wore on.

Finally, the back breaker came when Franco Perez, off a nice assist by Hunter Sweat, put it in the net for a 3-0 lead with 18:50 remaining.

“They were a lot better than last year,” said Murphy. “We got some game footage of them. We studied it for … I don’t know how many hours we watched it. And then we put a game plan together and they executed it. That’s what this team does. We can come up with something in two days and then by the time the game comes around they can do it. It’s a really special team. They can adapt really well.”

Thompson said the team is ready to defend its 3A title.

“It’s a great feeling,” he said. “When the season started, we wanted to get back here. We had some ups and downs. Didn’t think it was possible. But now, we’re there again. I think we can go back and win it again.”