Results from golf league play around Polk County through March 12 with format, date, event and winners by flight or class in alphabetical order.
Bartow Women's, Par 3s and Par 5s, Half Handicap, March 5-11: Susan Prevatt 26.5, Mettie Withers 28.
Big Cypress 18-Hole Ladies, Low Gross/Net, March 6: First Flight Gross – Jean Witchekowski 81, Jane Bryant 85, Net – Elisabeth Brown, Kay Hink and Darlene Wohlers Piper all at 66; Second Gross – Lise Stearns 93, Kate Shammo 98, Net – Terri Traggio 68, Barb Fatzinger 69; Third Gross – Sue Sumner 98, Paula Baer 99, Net – Carol O'Neil and Paula Manley tied at 65.
Big Cypress North Star Ladies, Convert Any Two Holes to Par Net, March 7: First Flight – Joy Farquhar 51, Lise Stearns 52; Second – Joyce Putnam 48, Cecile Labrecque 52; Third – Emily Murray 46, Diane Schroeder 50.
Cleveland Heights Men's Wednesday, March 7: Yellow Tees – Bill Horde plus 2, Keith Erickson even, Bill Riley minus 1; Green – Fred Ledford plus 10, Woody Blades and Walt Wilson tied at plus 3, Mike Rickels plus 2; White – Dorman Boyd plus 4, Joe Meyer plus 2, Cliff Brown even.
Cleveland Heights Tuesday Morning Men's, Draw and Quota Points, March 6: Ed Sahagian/Kenn Sullivan/Ken Rohrer and George Rusenstron/Cliff Brown/Pete Selmon tied at plus 10, Ron Berry/Ron Moisuk/Mitch Beaulieu plus 6, Larry Peterson/Wayne Colledge/Dave Bickhart plus 5. Closest to pin: No. B4 – Jim Robinson; No. B6 – Kenn Sullivan; No. C8 – Dick Gebo. Best Over Quota: A Flight – Cliff Brown plus 3; B – Larry Peterson plus 11; C – George Rusentron plus 5.
Cleveland Heights Weekend Women's, Net, March 4: First Flight – Linda Sharpe 61, Joyce Stewart 58, Penny Stephens and Mattie Withers both at 55; Second – Helen Gielarowski 56, Judy Segal 52, Vicki England 49; Third – Norie Dickson 63, Kathy Petro 61, Shirley Kalck 58. Hate 'em, March 11: First Flight – Joyce Stewart 61, Penny Stephens 62, Linda Sharpe 64; Second – Helen Gielarowski 64, Joyce Seely 65, Judy Segal 72; Third – Kathy Petro 61, Shirley Kalck 64, Myrna Iosue 65.
Eaglebrooke Women's, Low Net, March 7: First Flight – Susan Buchanan 74 on a match of cards over Jo Ahearn, Mary Parker 75.
Hamptons Mixed Couples, Two Best Net of Foursome, March 10: Don Guske/Mary Pat Guske/Brian Cardinal/Susanne Cardinal 89, Dick O'Hora/Helen Bergey/Mike Ready/Cindy Wright 90, Herb Townsend/Maryellen Townsend/Mike Hecht/Jean Thomas and Paul Schaake/Glenda Schaake/Cliff Aitken/Marg Aitken both teams at 91. Best Score: Tee Utting and Mike Ready both at 69.
Hamptons Monday Stableford, March 5: Tom Wilson plus 6, Mary Lee Wilson plus 4.
Hamptons Sunday Duffers, Scramble, March 11: Mark Torr/Mildred Leslie/Jeff Stuber/Dick Hansen minus 10, Rob Nordsick/Sally Fiske/Larry Baker minus 5 on a match of cards.
Hamptons Wednesday Stableford, Team Stableford, March 7: Front plus 7 – Terry Foster/Harold Salo/Stan Cierach/Dick Turner; Back plus 6 – Bill Spivey/Perry Borden/Bill Kelsey/Pete Sonetz; Total plus 9 – Foster/Salo/Cierach/Dick Turner. Closest to pin: Stan Cierach, Perry Borden, Bill Stallonis and Rick Dobsen. Best Score: Perry Borden 64.
Heatherwood Village, Wednesday Travel League, The Henry Newman Tour, Cleveland Heights, Points/Pin/Putt, March 7: John Overmars plus 7, Bob Perry plus 5 on a match of cards over Ron Barron. Pin Shot: John Overmars. Long Putt: George Flynn.
Heatherwood Village, Friday at Wedgewood, Points/Pin/Putt, March 7: Louise Billy plus 8 on a match of cards over Bob Catherwood, Derek Dennis plus 7. Pin Shot: Andrea Morrell. Long Putt: Jim Sanderson.
Highland Fairways Ladies, Stableford, March 8: Carolyn Sauer plus 7, Joan Anderson plus 6, Dawn Wiseman plus 4 on a match of cards over Yvonne Zadonia. Closest to pin: Barb Myers and Carolyn Sauer.
Highland Fairways Men's, Scramble, Feb. 28: Jacobi/Derosa/Garner/Vafides minus 11, Arthur/Verbiscus/Dulaney/Matuszk minus 7, Cornell/Gustafson/Prunoski/Burke minus 6. Closest to pin: No. 17 – Ian Murchie. Low Gross/Net, March 7: A Flight Gross – Ken Warren 63, Net – Paul Forbes 55 on a match of cards over Gary Cornell, Carl Carroll 56, Phil Zelazny 59 on a match of cards; B Gross – Tom Kling 67, Net – Doug Crossan 56, tony Verbiscus 58 on a match of cards over Ron Bell, Larry Smucker 60; C Gross – Tony Wilde 68, Net – Doug Prichard 54, Barry Burke 56, Harold Robbins 57. Closest to pin: No. 12 – Phil Arthur; No 14 – Dick Carbonaro.
Highland Fairways Monday Couples, March 5: A Flight – Pepins 53 on a match of cards over Fitzenrider/Brabrooke, Kulas 55; B – Allarding/Fitzgerald 54, Klassens 55, Schnetzka/Knutson 56; C – Williams/Vafides 53, Minichiello/Cook 54 on a match of cards over Cruise/Smitz. Closest to pin: Robin Slattman and Al Bolton.
Highland Fairways Thursday Scrambles, March 8: Les Crowley/Bob Butterbrodt/Gloria Ebert/Pat Berard minus 6, Bob Fitzgerald/Ron Bell/Mary Walters/Shirley Burke/Barb Nelson minus 4. Closest to pin: Shirley Burke and Phil Zelazny.
Lake Ashton Blue Man Group, Two Best Nets, March 7: Front Nine - Gary Fako/Darrell Saxton/Jim Smith/Howard Kantrowitz 51, Bob Bogard/Bob Sosinski/Nez Mohajir/Blind Draw 52, Stephen Haynes/Charlie Atchue/Jay Schwartz/Blind Draw 53; Back 9 - Gary Fako/Darrell Saxton/Jim Smith/Howard Kantrowitz 51, Cal DenBesten/Norm Wirtala/Gary Hunt/Ron McKie 56, Stephen Haynes/Charlie Atchue/Jay Schwartz/Blind Draw and Dick Smith/Mike Ferraro/Murray Zacharia/Stan Williams both at 57. Closest to pin: No. West 7 – Howie Kantrowitz; No. 12 – Stephen Haynes.
Lake Ashton Ladies 18-Holers, Team Stableford Points – East, March 6: First Flight – Trish Kellar/Char Walter/Janice Goldade/Brenda Mitchell Poe 186, Debbie Nettleton/Dawn Manning/Sandy Alfano/Nancy Collina 178, Lisa Kennedy/Mary Ann Stadfeld/Punky McCafferty/Bunny Radcliff 174; Second – Bonnie Simonetta/Karen LaPointe/Judy Mulhearn/Sue Buss 189, Mary Lou Wheat/Dotty Custenborder/Susan Manifold/Cindy Holden and Judi Auger/Deb Louder/Janice Fleming/Ginny Pisciotta tied at 178, Donna Larsen/Sharon Woods/Marie Clauser/Judy Wyckoff and Vicki Andrew/Marilyn Consorto/Tassy DeAngelo/Gwen Novak tied at 164.
Lake Ashton Ladies Niners, One Net on Par 3s, Two Nets on Par 4s, Three Nets on Par 5s, March 6: Dot Bothwell/Sharron Murphy/Laverne Anderson/Jane Poole 51, Fran Kramer/Karen Pfeiller/Kay Teehan/Trish Stanforth 54, Colleen Smith/Mary Hourigan/Linda Ford/Linda Ruston 56. Closest to pin: No. 12 West – Colleen Smith.
Lake Ashton Men's, 2018 Invitational Golf Tournament, Flighted Match Play, First and Second Place, March 8-10: First Flight – P. Bouman/B. Boumank, J. Young/S. Clark; Second – B. Plummer/EJ Carroll, C. Setzer/J. Newwell; Third – M. Myers/D. Myers, R. Geyer/B. Wood; Fourth – L. Wilson/R. Beardsworth, B. Dupuis/T. Dupuis; Fifth – P. Guay/P. Thomas, M. Krigelski/P. O’Neil; Sixth – R. VonColln/R. VonColln; Seventh – R. Nelson/J. Henderson, M. Nance/J. Nance; Eighth – R. Woods/J. Henderson, M. Thurman/P. Brissette; Ninth – B. Seavey/A. Boychuck, S. Scianna/J. Todd; Tenth – G. Pagel/B. Forystek, W. Bamber/D. Cook. Over-All Shoot Out: M. Myers/D. Myers, B. Plummer/EJ Carroll.
Lake Pointe Village Friday Men's, ImperiaLakes, Modified Stableford, March 9: Charlie Henley plus 5, Dave Letzinger plus 4, Joe Stevens plus 3. Closest to pin: Charlie Henley, Dave Letzinger and Terry Connolly.
Lake Wales Women's, Boston Points, First Flight – Chantale Belley plus 2, Marilyn Finch plus 1 on a match of cards over Shelia Dawe; Second – Jean Polczynski and Jan Taylor both at plus 5, Sue Priode even on a match of cards; Third – Gretta Dobbins plus 6, Faith Fawcett plus 5 on a match of cards over Rosie Carnahan; Fourth – Jenny Koo plus 9, Cecila Riedinger plus 7, Bonnie Keil plus 5. Green First Flight – Carole McGuire plus 9, Sue Maffett plus 6; Second – Jean Broas plus 10, Briggitt Fell plus 5.
Lakeland Elks Lodge 1291 Monday League, Bartow, March 12: A Flight – Barry Cover plus 1, John Bredbeck even, Jerry Bellin minus 1 on a match of cards; B – Bob Lutz plus 6, Jack Richards plus 5, Dennis Maki plus 2. Closest to pin: No. 3 – Lyle Hagerty; No. 13 – Les Lovering (50/50).
Oakwood Ladies, Low Gross/Net, March 6: A Flight Gross – Rita Welling 87; B Gross – Shirley Momberger 88, Jan Davio 90, Net – Linda Padgett 65, Sharon Marks 70; C Gross – Joann Porter 98, Jan Shimer 99, Net – Debra Coots 69, Lola Michael 70; D Gross – Jo Duncan 105, Linda DeMeilanaere 109, Net – Kathy Nanni and Carol Clark tied at 76.
Polk County Women's, Grenelefe, Low Gross/Net, March 5: A Flight Gross – Janet Brown 93, Stina Conrod 94, Lorraine Johnson 95, Net – Marina Tompkins 80, Rita Welling 81, Jill Atchinson 82; B Gross – Linda Sharpe 93, Pat Waddington 98, Deb Geaney 103, Net – Patti Forum 70, Jan Martin 79, Jean Polczynski 81; C Gross – Jan Davio 92, Sue Wells 99, Vicki England 104, Net – Jin Oliver 73, Fran Corriveau 76, Merrilee Gholson 80; D Gross – Jan Shimer 101, Joann Porter 102, Amy Dalbow 108, Net – Jo Duncan 71, Myrna Iosue 73, Josie Womble 80.
Ridge Men's, Bartow, March 8: Elio Hernandez plus 5, Paul Forkner and Carroll Lasseter both at plus 3. Closest to pin: No. 3 and 15 – Paul Forkner; No. 7 – Carroll Lasseter; No. 13 – Jim Black.
Sandpiper Men's Wednesday, March 7: First Flight – Paul Goodwin plus 5, Tom Wierzbicki plus 3, Jim Smith plus 1; Second – Ken Hall plus 2, Lou Tubbs plus 1 on a match of cards over Terry Brouillard; Third – Everett Rice plus 4, Bob Randall plus 1, Bob Ross even; Fourth – Ted Stapper plus 6, Bob McHenry plus 5, Pete Stickles plus 2. Closest to pin: First Flight – T. Wierzbicki; Second – Bill Emigh; Third – Sandy Parrot; Fourth – Bob McHenry.
Sandpiper Women's, March 6: A Flight – S. Cole 64, G. Emigh 62, G. Clay 76 on a match of cards; B – S. Herring 72, J. Rubin 74 on a match of cards over C. Nenno; C – C. Papa 65, S. Hockert 68, L. Oppelt 69. Closest to pin: A Flight – B. Jette; C – L. Oppelt.
Sanlan, Mixed Scramble, March 10: Joe Badley/Ben Duncan/Tim Hametz/Bill Zigenfeilder 28.
Schalamar Creek Ladies', Low Gross/Net, March 6: First Flight Gross – Sharon Chapman 94, Net – Mary Crankshaw and Mavis Wilson tied at 62. Nine-Hole Flight Gross – Beth Buie 52, Net – Eleanor Shoenfelt 34.
YMCA Par 3, Adult League, Quota Points, March 12: Bruce Loder plus 4.5 (15.5pts), James Ryer even (31pts). Closest to pin: No. 3 – Bruce Loder; No. 10 – James Ryer.
YMCA Par 3, Ladies, Team Lemonade, March 1: Jeanette Elliot/Audrey Cormach/Mary Magee 33, Jean Buterries/Maureen Barclay/Cathy McDonald 34, Irene Cummings/Helen Ray/Chris Murphy and Lorna Keith/June Bartosso/Pat May tied at 35. Closest to pin: No. 9 – Maureen Barclay.
Holes-in-one recorded at area golf courses, with the hole, yardage, club and date:
John Joyce, Big Cypress North Course, No. 14, 120 yards, six-iron, March 4.
Greg Styler, Big Cypress North Course, No. 14, 120 yards, eight-iron, March 6.
• The 18th WALL DRAW SCRAMBLE is March 17-18 at Huntington Hills Country Club. Call Tim for more info.
• The AMERICAN LEGION POST 8 golf tournament is April 7 at Cypresswood Golf & Country Club in Winter Haven. The four-player scramble benefits the American Legion baseball program and Winter Haven High School. Entry fee is $60 per person and includes lunch and a goodie bag. 8 a.m. shotgun start. There will be prizes and a 50/50 raffle. Entry forms are available at the American Legion Post 8 in Winter Haven or call 863-293-7029.
• The 2nd annual Cleveland Heights WOMEN'S FOUR-BALL INVITATIONAL takes place April 21-22 at Cleveland Heights Golf Course in Lakeland and is a two-day, two-lady team gross and net event with an 8:30 a.m. shotgun start each day. A luncheon after day two is included in the $200 team entry fee. Two-day skins game $20 entry fee. Flights will be determined by team participation and team handicap (partner handicap differential maximum is 10 strokes.) This year will include a pro-am flight. Any female LPGA/PGA/CPGA teaching and club professional or touring professional may play in this special flight with an amateur partner though pro-am teams may not win the women's four-ball overall championship. To register for the open Women's 4 Ball event or to ask questions, please contact Kirsten at email@example.com.
• SUNDAY GAME AT WEDGEWOOD, Sundays at 9:30 a.m.; low-net scoring; gross and net skins; call Marcus at 863-858-4451.
• MONDAY SENIORS GOLF LEAGUE, Lakeland Men’s Golf Association, 8 a.m. shotgun starts; play against golfers within your handicap; call Ed Young at 863-648-9695.
• THREE-MAN SCRAMBLE, Wedgewood; nine holes; Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m.; call Marcus at 863-858-4451 by 2:30 p.m. to play.
• INDIVIDUAL POINTS LEAGUE, Bartow; every Wednesday; nine holes; make up your own foursome; $17 ($12 green fee and cart); pays all plus scores; night specials in the lounge; call 863-533-9183.
• 2-ASIDE GAME, Wedgewood; 10 a.m. on Wednesdays and Fridays; 18-hole points game with skins and blind draw; call Marcus at 863-858-4451.
• 2-ASIDE LEAGUE, Saturdays at Huntington Hills, 18-Hole Points Quota League. Check in by 8:15 a.m. Contact or text Terri White at 863-559-4082 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• THURSDAY QUOTA POINTS TOURNAMENTS, Ridge Men’s Association, 7:30 a.m. tee time starts; call Carroll Lasseter at 863-299-5350.
• WHY WORRY WEDNESDAYS, Huntington Hills, Nine-Hole Quota Points, 5:15 p.m. shotgun start; contact Terri White at 863-559-4082 or email@example.com.
• MIDFLORIDA CREDIT UNION JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT INVITATIONAL, Cleveland Heights, Select a Drive-Best Ball, April 28, 7 a.m. registration, cart pick-up, Continental breakfast; 8 a.m. shotgun start. Entry fees: $500 team sponsor, $400 per foursome; $100 hole sponsor, $50 Superticket (includes one raffle ticket per person, one Mulligan per person, entry to putting contest, one free drink ticket per person). Immediately following invitational: Awards party with barbeque buffet and drinks, prizes, silent auction. Prizes awarded for top three teams: $400, $200, $100 per team; longest drive and closest to pin. Sponsorships available. Register online at http://bit.ly/Golf4JA2018. For more information, contact Shannon Long at 863-603-0254, ext. 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
E-mail, mail or fax typed results of local golf tournaments, aces and upcoming tournaments to email@example.com; Golf News, Ledger Sports Department, P.O. Box 408, Lakeland, Fla., 33802, or Fax (863-802-7812). Include complete scores and league names. Deadline is Monday at 5 p.m.