Upcoming golf tournaments run every Wednesday in The Ledger's print editions. Is your tournament here? If not, drop us a line.
Upcoming tournaments around Polk County:
• The 2nd annual Cleveland Heights WOMEN'S 4-BALL INVITATIONAL takes place April 21-22 at Cleveland Heights Golf Course in Lakeland and is a two-day, two-lady team gross and net event with an 8:30 a.m. shotgun start each day. A luncheon after day two is included in the $200 team entry fee. Two-day skins game $20 entry fee. Flights will be determined by team participation and team handicap (partner handicap differential maximum is 10 strokes.) This year will include a pro-am flight. Any female LPGA/PGA/CPGA teaching and club professional or touring professional may play in this special flight with an amateur partner though pro-am teams may not win the women's four-ball overall championship. To register for the open Women's 4 Ball event or to ask questions, please contact Kirsten at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• MIDFLORIDA CREDIT UNION JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT INVITATIONAL, Cleveland Heights, Select a Drive-Best Ball, April 28, 7 a.m. registration, cart pick-up, Continental breakfast; 8 a.m. shotgun start. Entry fees: $500 team sponsor, $400 per foursome; $100 hole sponsor, $50 Superticket (includes one raffle ticket per person, one Mulligan per person, entry to putting contest, one free drink ticket per person). Immediately following invitational: Awards party with barbeque buffet and drinks, prizes, silent auction. Prizes awarded for top three teams: $400, $200, $100 per team; longest drive and closest to pin. Sponsorships available. Register online at //bit.ly/Golf4JA2018. For more information, contact Shannon Long at 863-6030254, ext. 1 or email email@example.com.
• ELLA'S JOURNEY Golf Benefit, 7:30 a.m. registration, 8:30 a.m. shotgun start, May 5, Schalamar Creek Golf & Country Club, 4500 U.S. 92 East, Lakeland, $65 per golfer includes green fees, cart and lunch. Raffle. Gold, silver and bronze sponsorships are available. Register to golf, sponsor, donate or volunteer at www.ellasjourneygolf.com. To donate raffle items, contact Alissa Houlihan at 954-937-7530 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All proceeds go directly to support 8-year-old Ella in her fight against Ewing’s Sarcoma cancer.
• SUNDAY GAME AT WEDGEWOOD, Sundays at 9:30 a.m.; low-net scoring; gross and net skins; call Marcus at 863-858-4451.
• MONDAY SENIORS GOLF LEAGUE, Lakeland Men’s Golf Association, 8 a.m. shotgun starts; play against golfers within your handicap; call Ed Young at 863-648-9695.
• THREE-MAN SCRAMBLE, Wedgewood; nine holes; Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m.; call Marcus at 863-858-4451 by 2:30 p.m. to play.
• INDIVIDUAL POINTS LEAGUE, Bartow; every Wednesday; nine holes; make up your own foursome; $17 ($12 green fee and cart); pays all plus scores; night specials in the lounge; call 863-533-9183.
• 2-ASIDE GAME, Wedgewood; 10 a.m. on Wednesdays and Fridays; 18-hole points game with skins and blind draw; call Marcus at 863-858-4451.
• 2-ASIDE LEAGUE, Saturdays at Huntington Hills, 18-Hole Points Quota League. Check in by 8:15 a.m. Contact or text Terri White at 863-559-4082 or email@example.com.
• THURSDAY QUOTA POINTS TOURNAMENTS, Ridge Men’s Association, 7:30 a.m. tee time starts; call Carroll Lasseter at 863-299-5350.
• WHY WORRY WEDNESDAYS, Huntington Hills, Nine-Hole Quota Points, 5:15 p.m. shotgun start; contact Terri White at 863-559-4082 or firstname.lastname@example.org
E-mail, mail or fax typed results of local golf tournaments, aces and upcoming tournaments to email@example.com; Golf News, Ledger Sports Department, P.O. Box 408, Lakeland, Fla., 33802, or Fax (863-802-7812). Include complete scores and league names. Deadline is Monday at 5 p.m.