The Dolphins have listed Kenyan Drake, Julien Davenport and John Jenkins as first-team on the first depth chart of 2019
DAVIE — The Dolphins open their season at Hard Rock Stadium on Sunday afternoon against the Ravens.
Here are some things coach Brian Flores said in Wednesday’s news conference:
• It would mean a lot to get my first NFL win. It’s going to take a lot to get that done against a really good team.
• Kenyan Drake is as talented as anybody on our team. We are looking forward to getting him a lot of touches this week.
• I like that we have been aggressive in seeking to add players who fit what we want. We’re going to see how much all these new guys understand the scheme.
• These guys are focused on Baltimore. The attentiveness. The preparation. Guys were in here lifting and watching film on their day off.
• Lamar Jackson presents a lot of challenges. This is an explosive player. Dynamic. I think he’s throwing the ball a lot better. He’s improved in that area. This is not a one-trick pony. This guy has had a good preseason.
• Christian Wilkins is still working to improve. He has improved his pad level.
• We have worked some of the new offensive linemen into the mix. The veterans are going to push the rookies.
• On Ryan Fitzpatrick, it’s hard to start at quarterback in this league. He’s a really good player. A good leader. I’m excited to have him. I’m excited to watch him play.
• John Jenkins is a big guy, physical, has some quickness and athletic ability. There was good preseason film. Avery Moss is a good edge rusher.
• We will vote on season captains this week. Daniel Kilgore, Bobby McCain and Jerome Baker were captains in the preseason.
email@example.comTo sign up for a free Dolphins newsletter, click here.